“A first-person action game currently in development for all major console gaming platforms Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines will – for the first time on next-generation console systems – allow players to become the Terminator Series signature icon Arnold Schwarzenegger as the original Terminator. This marks the first time Arnold Schwarzeneggers voice and likeness has ever appeared in a home videogame.
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines will feature exclusive film footage created specifically for the release of the videogame and not available in the motion picture. Filmed by director Jonathan Mostow this 5-minute segment features Arnold Schwarzenegger and sheds new light on the mythology behind the origins of the Terminator. In addition footage from the feature film is also used liberally throughout the game to set up key situations and story-related game elements.
The Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines videogame storyline will weave in and out of the movie script as players face enemies from the present in which the War of the Machines looms on the horizon to the apocalyptic future where the War itself is waged on all fronts. While following the feature films plot closely Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines will go one step further by providing fans of the Terminator series with a deeper look into the movies universe and the role of the Terminator a futuristic fighting machine reprogrammed to save humanity from the SkyNet holocaust.
- A unique twist in the Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines story will also allow players to operate the Terminator before it was reprogrammed in the future to save John Connor. As a result players will be able to test their terminating skills against battle-hardened Tech Com special forces from the future
- As the Terminator players will face all comers in first-person action from the wastelands of the future to present-day Los Angeles.
- Military bases laboratories and downtown Los Angeles are just a few of the more than 20 unique locations found in the game which have been taken straight from the current Terminator timeline of events.
- More than 20 futuristic and modern-day weapons will be at the players disposal for use in terminating any enemy in the most efficient manner possible including the SkyNet Arc-Laser Tech-Com Micro Rocket Launcher and the AR-15 Assault Rifle with M202 Grenade Launcher.
- Engage in true movie-like Terminator combat as they repeatedly face the ultimate killing machine the T-X throughout the single-player game. Smashing opponents into walls massive two-handed chops and crushing kicks are just a few of the dozens of moves in the Terminators arsenal.