“Battlefront is an action/shooter game that gives fans and gamers the opportunity to re-live and participate in all of the classic Star Wars battles like never before. Players can select one of a number of different soldier types jump into any vehicle man any turret on the battlefront and conquer the galaxy planet-by-planet online with their friends or offline in a variety of single player modes. Single player modes include Instant Action Galactic Conquest and the story-based Historical Campaigns mode that lets gamers experience all of the epic Star Wars battles from Episodes I-VI fighting from the perspective of each of the four factions within the game.First and third-person gameplay ? depending on player preference.
- Three single player modes including Instant Action Galactic Conquest and the story-based Historical Campaigns mode.
- Multiplayer for up to 16 players (plus AI units) online.
- Split-screen mode for multiplayer offline play.
- Battle in more than 12 environments across 10 diverse planets from the classic Trilogy and Clone Wars eras including Hoth Endor Tatooine Kamino and Geonosis.
- 20 different soldier types from 4 factions: Rebel Alliance Galactic Empire Republic Clone Army and Separatist Battle Droids. Soldier types include standard infantry scouts heavy weapons and pilots – each will have their own unique abilities.
- More than 30 Star Wars weapons including blaster rifles rocket launchers and thermal detonators in addition to ground-based turret guns that can be manned and used to defend command posts.
- More than 25 diverse ground and air vehicles including the AT-ST X-Wing and speeder bike as well as the massive Republic Gunship that can hold up to five different soldiers.
- Customizable controls on all systems.
- Supports voice chat via compatible headsets (PlayStation 2 Xbox and PC).
- Requires PlayStation 2 network adapter Xbox Live kit and Internet PC for online multiplayer games.