“Pack your gear head to the Pacific and fight Japanese imperialism in Medal of Honor Rising Sun. In this installment of the top-selling Medal of Honor series Marine Corporal Joseph Griffin must endure some of the fiercest battles fought during WWII; crucial assignments ranging from surviving the devastating attack on Pearl Harbor destroying the Bridge over the River Kwai a midnight raid on Guadalcanal and triumphing in the final showdown with Colonel Shima.
Players will take on five multi-part missions spanning ten massive open environment levels all of which add up to one complete storyline. The experience begins with the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941 aboard the U.S.S. California where players will fight off Japanese attacks and witness the destruction of the American fleet. Players will travel to Guadalcanal to destroy fortified Japanese gun emplacements and lead the assault on Henderson Field.
Players will have to use stealth as they travel to Singapore to search for information pertaining to a stolen cache of Japanese gold and escape on a stolen speedboat. Meet up with the British and the legendary Flying Tigers in Burma while discovering the secret of Yamashitas gold and then destroy the Bridge over the River Kwai.
Choose single player or the new two-player co-op mode to experience life as a Marine in the Pacific during the most difficult years of the war. Players can also choose four-player split screen deathmatch and team modes for head-to-head action.
Storytelling will be increased through interaction with squad members as the player progresses through the game. Each squad member will have a story arc that will be revealed as the game continues. Griffins friends and foes come to life with much improved AI and AI animation interaction within each environment. Characters friend and foe alike will use the environment around them for protection and cover when under attack.
EALA continues to work closely with the Congressional Medal of Honor Society to make sure Medal of Honor Rising Sun reflects the ideals and integrity of the prestigious Congressional Medal of Honor. The team also continues its relationship with Capt. Dale Dye military technical advisor for the original Medal of Honor title to insure the authenticity of the game.
- 10 massive levels of gameplay spread across 5 major missions that can be played in single-player or two-player Co-op modes based on real events that occurred during World War II.
- Open environment based gameplay allows players to take multiple paths and approaches to defeat the enemy.
- 10 multiplayer levels for up to 4 players in deathmatch and team modes and 2 players in co-op mode.
- Realistic environment rendering including foliage water and weather effects.
- Over 20 authentic WWII weapons.
- Attack enemy units alone and as part of a crack military squad.
- Sound effects by the award winning Medal of Honor sound design team at EALA.
- Authentic WWII feel with the assistance military technical advisor Capt. Dale Dye