“Immerse yourself in a world that has been devastated by a mysterious force known only as Sin. Human existence teeters on the brink of extinction when Sin willfully destroys cities and lives. Final Fantasy X makes history by being the first Final Fantasy installment to integrate voiceovers into a majority of the story scenes. Along with a special effects system known as the Facial Motion System this feature breathes new life into the characters story and the Final Fantasy series itself.
- The first Final Fantasy game for the PS2.
- The first in the history of the Final Fantasy installments to integrate voiceovers into a majority of the story scenes.
- Features a special effects system known as the Facial Motion System which adds subtle facial expressions to characters in real time.
- Fully 3D environments that seamlessly integrate real-time movement with boss battles allowing players to wander an area and engage in fights on the same screen.
- Newly designed battle system that integrates traditional Final Fantasy battle elements with a unique Sphere Grid character development system.
- Life-like high-polygon motion-captured characters designed by renowned artist Tetsuya Nomura.
- Enchanting musical score written by famed composer Nobuo Uematsu with tracks featuring a distinct Japanese Okinawan flavor.
- All new side quests and minigames such as the underwater sport of blitzball and a monster arena.