“Drome Racers is a multi-terrain racing experience that will leave young speedsters breathless. Players take on the role of Max Axel who has trained intensely for the challenging Drome Championship and wants to take home the trophy.
Getting behind the wheel of high-tech cars based on the 2002 LEGO? Racers construction toy range players must face tough Multi-Challenge Races (MCRs). Each race is a seamless set of stages mixing tracks with realistically stunning city mountain and canyon environments.
Unlike its predecessors Drome Racers is a fast-paced anything goes game that will appeal to all ages and abilities with its varied realistic terrains; sleek LEGO Technic style cars; and road off-road or drag racing.
- Multi-Challenge Races — a series of stages of all-terrain tracks set in incredibly detailed environments including city mountain and canyon.
- Eighteen playable cars based on the 2002 LEGO Racers construction toy range geared to 8 — 12 year olds. Cars are built to closely reflect models from each racing discipline of dragster on- and off-road.
- Three modes of play including Arcade for instant play Time Trial which allows players to race against the clock to beat.
- Their own lap time or Career for story-based multi-challenge racing league.
- Single- and multi-player capabilities; the latter supports up to four players on console platforms.
- Car customization allows players to select adapt and fine-tune their vehicles based on the terrain. Place in the top three finishers and earn upgrades on the engine tires turbo aerodynamics and more.
- Compete in three of the top forms of world-class motor racing: the Formula 1 style Road the intense Dragster or the tough-nut Off-Road
- Multiple pick-ups to help get players to the victory podium. Some of the pick-ups include: shield which can be used to avoid challengers or a speed boost to grab that checkered flag.
- Rivals can also be delayed with the help of mines or hatchets.
- Battle Mode new for the NINTENDO GAMECUBETM – crunch the competition in a bruising multiplayer split-screen game. Two to four players battle it out in customised matches set in special arenas in the Drome. There are three arenas and three modes but only one goal – to get the highest score!